Friday, September 23, 2016

Don't Forget The Classics 9/23/2016

Good Morning,

I was on the road early and had to stop for gas station coffee. Definitely not as good as a cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. I have to quit whining.



I recently had the opportunity to view some old classic cars which have been restored to look and run like new. Of course there was one or two that I was drooling over. I could just see Rene behind the wheel of this 1950 Ford Sedan. Man that would be nice. As much as I looked them over I never received the keys to drive any of them. To me they were things to see but not to touch. I am sure the owners drive them now and then. I am sure when they do, the drive is a thrill. What once was ready for the junk pile is being used again.

I think we often do that with our senior citizens. We treat them as if they are classics to be visited but not very useful. Remember this, long before there were seat belts and front wheel drive these older folks were running the world. They have experiences we will never have. Their advice and experience is invaluable. We need to have them be a vibrant and useful part of our lives. We need to replace the value of our seniors right back on them where it belongs.

 Job 12:12 Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?

Think about it. These older folks are one of our most valuable resources. We need to treat them as valuable and precious.

Hey! Someday you will be old too!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment