Sunday, September 11, 2016

Stop To Remember 9/11 9/11/2016

Good Morning,

My mug is filled with Door County Cherry Crème Coffee, my heart is in prayer and my day has begun.



I just let our Springer Spaniel Gibbs outside for him to do his morning business before being fed. The spotlight that shines on our American flag illuminated the driveway and as I looked up I stopped for a moment to take in the cool fresh air. It disheartened me to see our flag at half mast which signifies a nation honoring a day dedicated to those who died 15 years ago in a terrorist attack on our country. Things have changed a lot since then. Going anywhere by airplane is a hassle to get through security now. There have been other attacks including one where the terrorists used pressure cookers as the casing for bombs.

I now go to theaters and make sure I know where the exits are. There is a gun strapped to my leg for protection while I am in  large groups. Other countries have experienced the same type of attacks. I find it now hard not to profile people of certain ethnicities. I never had that problem before. Air attacks and bombs are launched daily at the terrorists to curb their treacherous activities, yet it goes on.

I said in the beginning that I was disheartened to see our flag at half mast today. This is true. So before writing I turned to my Bible for comfort. I sought out God. Yes, things in the world changed 15 years ago but He hasn't. The sun still came up, the world still spins, babies were born, it rained somewhere, snowed elsewhere, and people still fall in love. Despite the bombs and attacks God still reigns on high and the good things still outweigh the bad. Some day this will all end with a shout and Jesus will return. The world will still spin, the sun will come up, but the fighting will stop immediately. Everyone will be there. What our enemies do not realize or acknowledge and many of us forget is that it will stop. The return of Jesus will stop the nonsense. The world will be judged.

Matthew 25:31-32   
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Romans 14:11New International Version (NIV)
11 It is written:
“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will acknowledge God.
 
I for one can't wait until this day comes. Everyone is going to be there and all will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Flags and countries will disappear, fighting will cease, fear and awe will be within the hearts of those who have been enemies of God. Those who passed on the salvation of Jesus Christ will be tossed into the lake of fire with Satan who authored all this mayhem and hatred.
 
So I will raise my flag again tomorrow but I will mutter out load, "Come Lord Jesus come. Only you will stop this mess".
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment