Friday, September 2, 2016

My Lamp, My Light, My God 9/2/2106

Good Morning,

It is here. My first cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee for this fall! I heard it perking away about 20 minutes ago and now it is here next to me steaming as I write. Happy Friday.

2 Samuel 22:29       

"For You are my lamp, O LORD; And the LORD illumines my darkness.

I, like most everyone have experienced rough days during my life. Life always seems to be a series of ups and downs. I remember days that just seemed like they couldn't get worse. It was like walking in the dark without a light. It was a long time ago that I experienced God whispering my name, just Him and me. I knew then that I might experience dark days ahead but I would never walk alone. I remember what I read in a Bible that one special night and I knew God was speaking. And He was speaking to me.

Matthew 11:28-30New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

I had no where else to turn and I reached out and said "yes Lord" I am here and I will surrender. All the dark things of my life did not disappear but they were illuminated by God in such away that I did not need to fear them and there was a way to pass by them without harm.

I have shared a light with those who's homes were darkened by storm produced power outages. They had no lights at all and I was able to give them an extra light that we had. Just the light seemed to take the fear away from what the storm was doing. We now have a full house generator and I have been able to give my neighbor a line of electricity to his home when the power goes out. That gift is even better. More light and some heat if needed. I can still see his smile when the light went on in his refrigerator.



God is not just a one candle God. When He lights the way during the storms of our lives we experience His power. It is like having more than one candle in a power outage. God wants us to know He is there. His Word was the light to the path that I had to choose. That option was well lit by the power of God's Word.

Are you in a personal storm, with hurt, fear or no where to turn? Open that Bible. Get on your knees and let God speak, directions, words of comfort, words of eternal life and words of love. Don't continue to walk alone in the dark.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment