Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Where My Help Comes From 6/16/2015

Good Morning,

Last night we were able to get in a workout before supper, repair a faulty light on the car, and protect our identity, all in a few hours. My coffee this morning is a fruity cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler. I needed fruity today!

It seems as if our Internal Revenue Service was hacked by criminals who have tried to latch on to our money and our future. I pity them and have prayed for them. This has just been one more little bump in what has been a rough road these past few months. When I was called at work today and this latest adventure was explained to me I looked up. Someone asked me what I was looking at. I replied "nothing that you can see". I was looking up and was mumbling a prayer knowing that at that moment the only thing, the best thing, the thing that made the most sense was to experience God's presence in the moment and then breathe.

Psalm 121 New King James Version (NKJV)

God the Help of Those Who Seek Him

A Song of Ascents.

121 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.
 
In that moment I was relieved of the burden knowing that God knew who had done this and that He would deal with them. I did not need to get angry and wish that they would be bitten by scorpions until they repented. God would deal with them in His time and in His way. Who knows? He might even forgive them if they ask and turn to Jesus. I don't have to carry the weight of hate and plan their punishment. I will leave their future up to God and trust that what He does is best.
 
In that I found my Hills when I looked up. There was peace.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment