Friday, June 19, 2015

Lord, Do You Hear Me When I Call? 6/19/2015

Good Morning,

I have been waiting for today all week. Friday has to be one of the toughest days for my job. But at the end of the day my weekend starts. So in the mood to live large I am breaking out some Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee this morning.

Lord, do You hear me when I call has probably been on the lips of many of us when things are going wrong for others or ourselves.

I have been there, reaching to the sky and crying out when it seemed no one was listening to my pleas, prayers or petitions.

But my life went on and God's answers were not always clear at first, and sometimes there wasn't the answer I wanted. But I still kept praying during feast or famine, praising as much as I could and pleading for myself or others. Why?

The answer would be this. I kept a log of my prayers ( I still do) and I would go back and read as to what happened after prayer and how life turned, twisted or smoothed out. I watched for God at work and recorded His actions for those days when doubt crept in. It was then that I could look back at how He never left me alone, allowed me to grow, corrected me, or provided in time or instantly.

Jeremiah 31:21New International Version (NIV)
21 “Set up road signs;
    put up guideposts.
Take note of the highway,
    the road that you take.

Like Jeremiah told the Israelites mark your road. Journal God's work in your life. Know where you were so you can continue on in life's journey. Look back only to remember God's glory. Those written markers in a journal work to encourage you and remind you of the times when God provided or even said no. They are a great gift to pass on to the family.

Jeremiah 33:3New International Version (NIV)
‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
 
Go ahead, God can be trusted to know what is best. He knows His will when we don't. Call out and listen. No answer?? Then trust that the answer will come in time. Be ready to accept it whatever it is.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment