Saturday, June 27, 2015

I Believe 6/27/2015

Good Morning,

Saturday is here and I have to say, for one who looks forward to weekends, this one snuck up on me. My mug is filled with steaming hot Door County Highlander Grog and I am enjoying it slowly.

In light of all the politics that are being debated one person decided to ask me what my stand is. Am I on the right or the left?

On all issues big or small, I base my opinions and beliefs on 66 books that many people like to quote but don't practice. These 66 books are found in the Bible. I believe in all 66 and I do not waver. I believe that there was Adam and Eve and all things are created. I believe that God parted the Red Sea. In the middle I believe that a fish swallowed Jonah and then spit him out so he would be preaching where God wanted him to. I believe Christ came as a baby, died on the cross, arose from the dead, ascended to heaven, and will come again. I believe in the Ten Commandments, I believe the Bible teaches right from wrong, and I believe that God forgives our sins through Jesus Christ and Jesus alone. There is not one part of the Bible that I do not believe. So if you want to know where I stand, pick up a Bible and you will know. Ask me and I am not ashamed to say what I believe. I don't believe God's word changes, and it certainly is good for today as much as it was yesterday. It will be good for the future and it does not change to fit the desires of men. Man tries to change the word of God to meet their own desires.

2 Timothy 3:16New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Have a great day. To say the least, I know where I stand.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment