Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Graduate 6/14/2015

Good Morning,

Today is another dreary day in Wisconsin. The rain continues to fill the skies. My cup of Door County Raspberry Crunch Coffee is all but done. So with today looking the way it is. I think I have time for another one.

This weekend many of the colleges and high schools will be celebrating their graduation days. New young adults will be entering the work force, new students will be headed off to college, some will enter the military.

It made me think about my graduation days from many years ago. I never realized how big the world could be until I had to really deal with it by myself. I had been prepared to go out on my own through education and the things learned at home. The one bit of advice that was given but not taken was to in all things follow God. I learned that lesson the  University of Hard Knocks and Adversity.

If I were to be able to address all the students leaving school today with their diplomas in hand, this would be my speech.

Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

That statement from Matthew 6:33 stands by itself as the best advice one can give. It is better than silver or gold.

Think about that one today. It serves all men and women of any age. God first, life in general "second".

Love you all.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment