Thursday, June 11, 2015

God Knew What I Needed 6/11/2015

Good Morning,

I have started my day by being happy to be alive. I woke up with a job to go to. My wife was by my side. The dog was wagging his tail and happy to be with us. The coffee pot was perking with Door County Raspberry Crunch in it.

Psalm 37:5New King James Version (NKJV)
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
 
There is a whole lot of things in life that will depress a person. Yesterday was one of those days for me. I think we all have them from time to time. What should not go wrong will. What shouldn't break does.
 
I have too many bad habits but one good one I have is to listen to good preachers each morning on the radio. I was a little down and out as I listened. I was praying "Lord say something, please." The Lord spoke through the preacher, encouraging all listeners to keep committed to the Lord during trials and trust Him. And sooner than later some how, some way, He brings it to pass. Psalm 37:5
 
God's number one way of speaking is through His word. It can be read, listened to or memorized. But when you need it most He speaks. We need to listen for Him. This was what I needed to hear, from the One who loves me most.
 
Isaiah 30:20-21 NKJV
20 And though the Lord gives you
The bread of adversity and the water of affliction,
Yet your teachers will not be moved into a corner anymore,
But your eyes shall see your teachers.
21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.
 
Go ahead and listen. God has something to say. It just might be "I love you".
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment