Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rise Up Early 6/9/2015

Good Morning,


Mark 1:35New International Version (NIV)
35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

I have always been one who wakes up early. As a little boy I would love to wake up early on Saturday to catch a full morning of cartoons on television. My morning cup of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee tastes better to me in the morning than it would in the evening. In the fall I prefer to hunt the early morning instead of the evening. Lying in bed wasting the day away holds no attraction for me. There is always something to be done or someplace to go.

My morning quiet time with prayer and reading my Bible is important to me. I have tried it at night and it just isn't the same for me.

I would suggest to all Christians that unless sick, or work hours are such that you need to sleep in later that we should all be up and about doing what the Lord has planned for us.

The Israelites gathered manna in the morning. Jesus ministered  early in the morning. The women went to Christ's tomb early in the morning. This is a good habit to teach children. Kids who wake up early tend to go to bed earlier. Not too many families that practice responsible sleeping are ever late for appointments and church. Get them out of the bed and on their feet. Now adults you need to set the example for this. So practice what you preach.

Proverbs 26:14New International Version (NIV)
14 As a door turns on its hinges,
    so a sluggard turns on his bed.

Have a great day. Get some sleep tonight and enjoy a sunrise tomorrow.

Marty
 


No comments:

Post a Comment