Wednesday, June 10, 2015

When You Are Troubled 6/10/2015

Good Morning,

I just filled my cup full of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. It is what I need to get going today. There is a lot on my mind today.

We all are troubled from time to time. Troubled and worried are two in the same. I for one am troubled for someone who is having difficulties right now. The world seems to be a lot to bear. It grieves me to see this happen. Normally I am a "fixer". But in this one I seem to have no clear direction.

Last night I decided that I needed some advice and reassurance. I turned once more to fill my spiritual cup.

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He is.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures, I have and I need to now.
he leads me beside quiet waters, I need these waters to slow down.
    he refreshes my soul. Reading this did. I know He loves me.
He guides me along the right paths I need wisdom and guidance now.
    for his name’s sake. His name is at stake.
Even though I walk I need to keep moving forward.
    through the darkest valley. It is not dark. He lights my pathway with His word.
I will fear no evil, I should not be afraid.
    for you are with me; I am not alone.
your rod and your staff, You will keep me straight.
    they comfort me. Be firm with me it is a comfort.
You prepare a table before me You set this day in front of me.
    in the presence of my enemies. There will be a victory.
You anoint my head with oil; You soothe the burns of life.
    my cup overflows. I am blessed.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me. I need to keep moving forward. You are behind me.
    all the days of my life, Always.
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord I DWELL WITH YOU NOW AND WILL FOREVER.
    forever Amen
 
This helped me as I prayed this last night. Pass it on to others.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment