Sunday, June 21, 2015

6/21/2015 Happy Fathers Day

Good Evening,

I had to skip my early coffee today. We were traveling and needed to stay on time. I eventually was able to pick up a cup of Door county Highlander Grog Decaf later in the day.

Today we celebrate Fathers Day. I saw tributes to fathers on Facebook today, billboards were posted with announcements and the radio played songs dedicated to dads from everywhere.

I received a call from my daughter today and a nice note on Facebook and it made my day. It is nice to hear from your child just how much they love you. It is a comfort and a tribute.

I thought about how much that meant to me and then pondered??? I have a Heavenly Father. Have I told Him how much He means to me today? He certainly is awesome, loving, powerful, compassionate, protective, and without flaw.

Isaiah 40:28New International Version (NIV)
28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
 
I had to stop and make a call to Him, through prayer. I needed to hear myself say the words "I love you". Take time to acknowledge Our Father in Heaven. He has your picture on His refrigerator!
 
God bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment