Sunday, June 7, 2015

Rainy Days Don't Always Get Me Down 6/7/2015

Good Morning,

The brew filling my mug this morning is a hot serving of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee. It is doing exactly what it needs to do, wake me up a little and welcome the day with me.

Our weather is windy and rainy today. We have a prayer walk scheduled with our mission team today and I am afraid they will experience a little foul weather. I am not going to let the weather ruin the day. This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Isaiah 55:10-11, ESV For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

In my mind it would be better if it rained on Monday instead of a Sunday. But hear me out. In our part of the country planting season was upon us a couple weeks ago. The corn in the farm fields now needs the rain, my wife's flowers needed some moisture and I am always appreciative when the Lord fills the water sources for me to hunt in later in October.



If it did not rain today I would have had my usual devotional and quiet time, but since it is raining I have more time to spend with God's word.

Psalm 84:10-12New International Version (NIV)
10 Better is one day in your courts
    than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
    than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
    the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
    from those whose walk is blameless.
12 Lord Almighty,
    blessed is the one who trusts in you.
 
That pretty much sums up my thoughts today. Better is an extra hour dwelling with God and his word than anywhere else I could be.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment