Sunday, June 28, 2015

Enjoying Some Peace 6/28/2015

Good Morning,

My coffee is Door County Cherry Crème and today is a special occasion for me. I am resting and sharing my thoughts about yesterday.

Re-purposed coffee pot.

I was able to write yesterday's blog from the comfort of my picnic table. The sun had just come up and there was a brisk breeze blowing. The temperature was 59 degrees and I almost needed a sweater.

I am one busy guy as I am sure most of you are. I relish the days of the picnic table, sunshine, a cool breeze blowing across the computer, the coffee cup steaming and our dog chasing birds in the yard who just seem to want to play and see him run. My Bible was open and I was dining on God's Word.

I was thinking about a lot of things including the troubles of the world. I thought how nice it would be just to take the time to change it one person at a time. Just two people sitting down to a cup of Door County Coffee and meeting each other and seeing that one another are just "folks" and despite differences, people can get along.

In my back yard there isn't a need for hatred, violence, loathing one another or loneliness. Then I realized I had just spent time "In The Garden". I had spent time sharing my thoughts with Jesus. What am I celebrating today? I am celebrating yesterday, and waking up to celebrate something, anything today.

Psalm 118:24New King James Version (NKJV)
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it
 
Have a great day.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment