Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Walking Alone 6/3/2015

Good Morning,

My beverage this morning is a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog. I am in prayer today and I am hoping to be able to pray without ceasing today.

My heart is heavy for a friend with job issues. It seems as hard as he tries something always comes along to slap him back down. He was explaining his woes last night to me. I almost made a huge mistake by saying "I am praying for you", while we spoke on the telephone. That would be wrong anytime. I am not saying that prayer is not important. But what is important is that we show one another that they are important enough to stop what we are doing and pray right now, that very moment. Why wait?

Colossians 4:2New International Version (NIV)
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

The prayer with my friend was most important. The timing was perfect because he could join me and for a short time he knew someone cared.

Let someone know you care by stopping to pray and build up their emotional bank account. Don't let them think that they are walking alone. God does not leave us alone, sometimes He sends you.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment