Monday, June 15, 2015

Late For The Door 6/15/2015

Good Morning,

The old body is tired out from too much weekend. I never thought that I would try riding a two wheeled foot scooter at my age. Well, that one is best left to the younger guys. So I will pamper this old man with a cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee.

2 Timothy 4:2-4English Standard Version (ESV)
preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

I was talking with an old friend today and we were discussing church experiences. We have a common theology and he was telling me about a new church claiming to be a Bible based church that has certain subjects that the Pastor is not allowed to preach on. He said that the church leadership does not want to offend anyone with the subject of sin, especially some of the elements of it.

Our Pastor just spoke on sin and some of it's elements and did not hold back. Saturday night I preached about the fact that people without Jesus are heading to hell when they die. I did not hold back at all.

I can tell you this for sure. If that were the church I belonged to, in five minutes I would be late for the door. My friend was told that he was somewhat legalistic and old fashioned. If that is the case than I an a relic!

Friends, beware of churches that only have a happy, happy message and are afraid of calling sin a sin because it might be offensive to the sinner. Now love everyone despite their faults but love them enough to lead them to spiritual truth. Let the preachers continue to give the messages delivered to them by the Holy Spirit.

Fire and brimstone??? You get purer gold with a hotter fire.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment