Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Words Of Wisdom Psalm 27 1/14/2015

Good Morning,

I find myself very quiet this morning, with some dear friends on my mind. One has just lost his best friend and another is battling cancer. My heart goes out to them and my prayers are lifted up on high on their behalf.

Psalm 27:13-14

I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.

When I think of the calamity in my little portion of the world and then look abroad and see the wars, terrorism, crime, hunger, and debauchery, I know that the only wise thing I can do is to remain confident that God is on His throne and that I need to wait on Him to carry me through, despite what I see. True wisdom leads me to desiring to have more of God and to trust Him.

Psalm 27:1-4

The Lord is my light and my salvation
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me
    to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
    who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
    my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
    even then I will be confident.
One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.
 
 
 
Lord thank you for making me human, that I might need more and more of You. Thank you for never turning me away. Whom shall I fear?

Amen,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment