Tuesday, January 6, 2015

When The New Wears Off 1/6/2015

Good Morning,

Snow and cold weather is the main ingredient of this day for me. Wow this Door County Hawaiian Hazelnut Coffee is going down way too good. Today is one of those days that has never come for me, but I often think about it. I wonder what it would be like to just shut off the alarm clock and stay in bed? Some day!

Mark 10:6-9

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'  'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,  and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.  Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

We are now into January and by now there are probably some children somewhere who have already broken a Christmas present or have set it aside and have forgotten that it exists. What they once wanted so badly already has lost it's charm. In other words the  "new has worn off".

I am afraid that many people do the same thing with their spouses. Oh we dream of being married to Miss Right or Mr. Super and when we finally meet the stars seem to fly, the moon is brighter, the air sweeter, nothing could be finer than Miss or Mr. Dream Come True.

Then comes the wedding and honeymoon. Life couldn't be better!!!!!!!!! But then it happens, Miss or Mr. Dream Comes True actually vomits when they get the flu. They really, really from time to time stink up the bathroom. Oh no! How could he lose his hair? How did her butt get big? What happened? This can't be the person I am to spend my whole life with? "THE NEW WORE OFF".

Then it happens a new Mr. Super or Miss Right pays some attention to you. And you think "he would never pass gas". "She would never ever dare to squeeze the toothpaste from the middle." Wrong. She passes gas and he doesn't brush his teeth. Everyone has faults and will grow older. Stay where you are and make each day a new experience of love.

Folks we all grow older and we all vomit when sick. Men tend to lose their hair and women get gray hair and don't really realize that we can all tell that it's a dye job.

God intended marriage to be permanent. He intended us to love our spouses and love getting older with them. Each day is new and each year is new when we desire to experience it with the mate of our youth. No two days are ever the same when we love someone. Tomorrow I will have less hair than the day before. Now my wife doesn't have to wonder what I would look like with a shaved head.
I love her more because I am comfortable to know that she won't leave me because I vomit when I have the flu. She's the one who brings a small cup of white soda to soothe my stomach. I have held her hair for her while she was sick and wiped her feverish forehead. That "new never wears off."

So look to the future and make sure to enjoy the gift God has given you in your spouse.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment