Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Cure For Boredom 1/15/15

Good Morning,

My day is looking like it will be a busy one. I am filling up a cup with Door County German Chocolate Cake coffee and heading out into the cold.

I am already looking forward to Friday when Rene and I plan on meeting friends for a night of snow tubing and fellowship. I can't wait.

Now tubing isn't something that we do all the time. It can cost up to twenty dollars per person so it is something we budget for. We will fly down the hills and enjoy the wind slapping our face as we go.

If Rene and I weren't going tubing Friday we would be doing something else. Not too long ago we started a fire outside in the cold and drank hot chocolate. That really only cost a few cents to do. It wasn't expensive at all. And to top it off we added some music from a radio. We had a nice time watching the full moon come out.

Friends I know people who tell me all the time that they are "bored with nothing to do". Well it is a big world out there and the moon rises all the time. So I say to those people "you are as bored as you choose to be." Maybe you can't get outside. Do you have a window?  We pray about what activities or ministry we are to do. Many nights are spent in silence as we read a book or study our Bibles.  The cure for boredom is at the end of your own willingness to get up and create an activity. Maybe it's just time to clean a small corner of the house and take some unused clothing to a shelter. Maybe you could call and cheer someone else up. What do you think God wants you do with your time right now?
           A great solution to boredom is to live life as an adventure
You have a choice about your attitude and how you approach life 
You can turn to God for a "boredom cure." Life does not need to be boring or meaningless for Christians. You can choose to approach every day and every activity with a spirit of adventure, regardless of your situation. 
You have a purpose and are called to a great adventure—to touch people's lives for God.
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)
My wife and I are very busy with ministry work within our church. That alone would be enough to keep us from being bored. I would have to say that any Christian should be ashamed to say that they are bored, especially if they haven't asked God what He would like for them to do.

Food for thought. Hope I didn't bore you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment