Sunday, January 4, 2015

Getting My Sunday On. 1/4/2015

Good Afternoon,

My day started with heavy snow conditions, Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee and a trip to pheasant hunt North of Milwaukee.

Rene and I attend church Saturday evenings. So don't think that we  bypass worship of Jesus to hunt or shop. I lead the Saturday night service at our church and due to Rene's work schedule at the medical center, worship for us works best on Saturdays.

We have a rule in the house. No church, no hunting. If by chance I could not have been in church last night I would have attended today and pheasant hunting would have to wait.

All too often these days folks are making excuses for not making it to church regularly. To put it plainly that is a pile of manure. Church's are working harder and harder to accommodate the schedules of people by adding services and holding small group Bible studies in many places at many different times.

Friends, there is no excuse except for illness or being shut in for missing church. A week without church for me leaves me feeling empty and I can tell you for sure that I need to get "my Sunday on" weekly even if it comes on Saturday. I worship with others, pray with others and fellowship all at one time. The Bible has specific instructions for believers on this subject.

Hebrews 10:25 (AMP)

25 Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching.

It's impossible to argue with that. What's your excuse? What is your Sunday priority?

Have a great evening.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment