Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cuss Control Academy 1/3/2015

Good Morning,

it's been a long time coming, but snow and severe cold has just hit our area. We are bracing for some below zero temperatures in the next few days. So being the brave guy that I am (or not too smart) I wandered outside in my pajamas, grabbed more firewood, turned on a pot of Door County White Christmas Coffee, lit the fireplace and I am watching it snow.

 Deuteronomy 5:11 "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold [him] guiltless that taketh his name in vain."

The late Colonel Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken once said "My conversion to Christ cost me half of my vocabulary".

Let's see, now the Holy spirit is to teach us all things. Correct? Of course correct is the answer. The third commandment clearly states that we are not to use the Lord's name profanely. Yet it is heard as often as there are mosquitoes in Wisconsin during June. I don't know about you but even having this pass through my mind hurts. Hollywood thinks nothing of profaning the Lord's name and now it has become a standard for speech throughout the world. But this started long before Hollywood. Our sin is that we tolerate it.

We cannot blame Hollywood for the epidemic of using God's name in vain. Every epidemic has to be cured one patient at a time. Every epidemic has to eventually be confronted from moving on with a vaccine.

So to start, the only one you can cure for now is yourself and your family. To avoid the spread of an epidemic the first advice that comes from medical experts is to practice good hygiene and hand washing. This for Christians would be to submit to the leadership of the Holy Spirit "Cuss Control Academy" and follow with a preventative vaccine of the soul. This my friends is Scripture memorization. For starters memorize Deuteronomy 5:11 (above)  then Psalm 119:9-11

Psalm 119-9-11

How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.


This will help. This is one of those cures you can pass along.

Have a cuss free day.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment