Friday, January 23, 2015

Silent and Listen 1/23/2015

Good Morning,

I can hear the start of Saturday from where I sit on Friday. My mug is steaming with Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. This has the start of being a nice day.

Two words share the same letters in the English alphabet. I am sure there are other words that share the same letters but these two not only share the same letters but you really can't perform one without doing the other. In order to Listen one has to be Silent.

When I duck hunt and it's still too dark outside to see the birds I can often hear their wings whistle as they fly over. If I am talking with my partner I might not hear them. The Bible has much to say about both.

Elijah went into a cave and spent the night. And the word of the LORD came to him… a gentle whisper” (1 Kings 19:9, 12).

Being quiet and listening may be one of the most important actions a Christian can do in deepening their relationship with God. It is also a great way, especially for ministers and those embroiled in Christian service to receive direction straight from Heaven after reading God's Word and praying.

This takes some time each day but I for one can say that I usually walk away refreshed spiritually and physically.

Have a great Friday,

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment