Saturday, January 10, 2015

Freedom Of Speech, Prayers For France 1/10/2015

Good Morning,

My plans for today were cancelled and I believe it was God just slowing me down. I can't recall the last time that I slept through the coffee brewing, rolled over and stayed asleep. That just doesn't happen! But today it did because of a change in plans. I will write about those tomorrow. My cup doesn't seem to be big enough today to hold the Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee that I just poured. I spilled a little and now I have an English Springer Spaniel who is slightly caffeinated.

I try to avoid politics as much as possible on my page. But from time to time the events surrounding us call for us to pray. This week was one of those political nightmares for France. I have attached one of the latest headlines on the tragedy.

Paris Magazine Attack: Suspects Die After Standoff; 4 Hostages Killed

A nationwide manhunt for the suspects of France's deadliest terrorist attack in more than 50 years ended in a hail of gunfire on Friday.
After hours of tension in two separate standoffs that shut down parts of the Paris metro area, the two main suspects in the attack on a satirical magazine and a man who took hostages at a kosher grocery are dead, President François Hollande said in a speech to the nation.
Hollande also said four hostages had been killed today; he called the week's events "a tragedy for the nation, an obligation for us to confront terrorists."
"We are a free nation that does not give in," the French president said. "We carry an ideal that is greater than us."

The ideal of free speech was attacked by thugs. I do not agree with their actions nor their tactics. Notice I am free to say this. I personally will not be bullied into condoning or looking past terrorist attacks. But now it is time to help those who are hurting by supporting them in prayer. I am calling on those around the world who from time to time read this blog to stop for a moment or two and pray for those who have lost loved ones during this attack on France and for the rest of the world to stand as one and condemn these terrorist attacks on freedom. Pray that free nations will bow in prayer and return to God for healing and a morality check. We need to seek God and sit at His feet at all times but especially at times like this. I can't imagine sitting there very long without hearing from Him. We must be willing to listen while sitting there, and then obey.

Jeremiah 29:11-13New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Seeking God out will always require us to examine our own lives. God is a God who comforts and I know that if we call on Him we can and will comfort those who are hurting. Yet if we sit at the throne of God and seek Him it requires us to listen. You will and I say will find Him asking you to change some of your ways, and the ways of our own countries and practices. I can think of one of the practices in the United States where babies are murdered every day that needs to stop. This obviously is not God's plan for any nation.

Well off of the soap box and on to some chores, after a coffee refill.

God bless. Pray much today.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment