Thursday, January 22, 2015

Help! I Lost My Bible 1/22/2015

Good Morning,

Wow! Last night was a challenge. This morning I have chosen to drink some comfort coffee. So I broke out the last of the Door County Maple.

Last night I was headed to meet with a friend who needed some guidance and encouragement. We agreed to meet at church. This was a good option for both of us. While on my way to the meeting I was petitioning God for help and wisdom as to what to say. Every time I began to pray something would interrupt me and I just could not concentrate. I saw my friend arrive and I decided not to go in at that moment. I waited and just practiced being still and listening. God led me in the direction He wanted me to go during this quiet time and I was at peace with His instructions.

I reached into the back seat where my Bible should have been from this morning. I read it in the morning and then at night. I take it with me for those "just in case times" when I might have time to read. It wasn't there!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I did it again. Maybe I set my Bible on top of my Jeep and drove off again I thought. All kinds of weird thoughts about my Bible's demise were going through my head. Friends I own at least a dozen Bibles of different sizes and versions. But this one has been with me forever. It holds my tears and the tears of others. It has notes that are precious to me. It holds God's words and the notes are there to remind me of how God carried me at times. I needed my Bible so I could comfort my friend with God's word. What was I going to do?

I was almost in a panic when our Pastor showed up and said "Let's pray, we do have spares". We prayed and within seconds I knew where my Bible was. I had to make a hurried stop in the morning and my Bible slid off of the back seat and under my front seat. I had my Bible in my hands. As I was walking in to my appointment God reminded me of what I should have known.

Psalm 46:10New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth

Not only did He speak once to remind me to breathe and be still. He spoke to remind me not to worry, He had the plan.

Matthew 6:5-9 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

The night went much better when I slowed down and realized that God keeps His word and I just need to trust it.

Isaiah 41:10New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
 
I think I was encouraged a lot more than my friend was. I forgot for just a little while that the world did not ride on my shoulders.  Amen!!!!!!!!!
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment