Saturday, January 24, 2015

Door County 1/24/2015

Good Morning,

It's Saturday and I have some errands to do today. I said to my Aunt yesterday that I was going to sleep in until 6:30 AM today. A special blessing has come my way to be able help a dear friend and pay back all the kindness he and his wife have given to us over the years. So it is time to get up and get going. My large mug is filled with Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee. My dog is plopped on topped of my feet. I have my own furry foot warmer. I am blessed.



 
 
Proverbs 5:18New International Version (NIV)
18 May your fountain be blessed,
    and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.



Someone who is a new reader to my daily thoughts asked why I write about my coffee every day. The Door County Coffee company is located in Door County Wisconsin. The area is a popular vacation and recreation spot in Northern Wisconsin. A place where you never feel like a stranger.

For many years my wife and I always said that we were going to go there, it just never seemed to happen.  To be honest misfortune brought us there. I became very ill about 5 years ago and it was something that only rest, medicine, time and God's blessing was going to cure.  Rene took control and said we needed to get away to some place that is near a medical center so  you can receive these daily treatments for the next few days, but also relax. We both work for a large Health Care Organization and between her and my slick doctor the arrangements were made so I could receive treatments in Door County at a one of our clinics. My cell phone was taken away, my lap top was left home, I was told that if I brought the blue prints that I was working on along with us, they would need to be surgically removed from an area of my body not worth mentioning.

From where we were staying I could smell delicious coffee being made in the area. I mentioned that I would like to stop into that shop and experience some tasty java. The little coffee factory serves breakfast also. We sat down to some baked oatmeal and toast. It was wonderful. I stopped for a moment to say thank you to my little health dictator but stalled for a moment. I noticed that my health issues had taken their toll on my wife. She was truly worried. She had aged a little in the last few weeks. I loved her always, but it was there that I fell in love with her again over a cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha. We had already been married for many years but I fell in love again with the wife of my youth. Each day my coffee reminds me of the blessing of having someone who loves me and how Door County gave me time to sit back and see how blessed I am.

Have a great day. Where is your Door County? Go there and spend time at a slower pace. Maybe your spouse has gone on to be with our Lord. Take time to recall a "coffee day". Many have never been blessed with a spouse. Make sure to know that you were specially blessed to have had coffee with someone.

Love to all.

Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment