Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pasta and Help 1/8/2015

Good Morning,

Not feeling the greatest this morning. My coffee is Door County Harvest Blend. I think I might be coming down with the cold that is circulating among my co-workers and friends.

Last night we had a few meatballs and pasta for supper. I wasn't feeling too much like cooking.  So I pulled some pasta sauce and meatballs from the freezer, boiled some rigatoni and soon we were dining on a pretty good meal. I always try to have a meal or two frozen and put away for a day like yesterday when there was no get up and go left in this body.

Friends it is Biblical to be prepared and to plan ahead for those days when you are down or someone else is down. You can pull a meal from the freezer and bring it to someone in a hurry.

Titus 3:14

14 Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.

Last night my planning ahead fed our family. Planning ahead and meeting urgent needs for others is Biblical. Next time you make a gallon of soup, save half and freeze it for a rainy day, your day or someone else's.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment