Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Prayer, Lest We Forget 4/30/14

Good Morning,

My coffee today is Door County Highlander Grog. My cup has a picture of my Dad, my grandfather, my great grandfather and me on it. I look at four generations of Martins when I raise my cup. Each time I look at it I see four hard workers and it reminds me to go to work and give it my best. I do this because it is Biblical and also because it is part of my heritage. So off to work I go.

Philippians 4:6 ESV         
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Today I can't help but have a heavy heart. I have watched the news this month and April has been a tough month for the world. A ferry sunk in Korea with hundreds killed, a mudslide in Washington killed more and just over the past couple of days tornadoes ripped through the Southern United States killing more.

Friends what can we do? The answer is now to pray for those injured, those left behind after the death of a loved one and for those who lost their homes and all their possessions. We must pray that the Christian church will rise to the occasion and pray for those in these predicaments. We must ask for Christian workers to come along side of those in distress and give comfort in the name of Jesus. We must pray for God to sustain them through the hurt and loss. We must pray and ask God what we can do. If you can offer kindness in any of these situations do it in the name of Jesus. Show love for your neighbors. Show love for those across the sea by getting on your knees in prayer.

Luke 6:31(NKJV)

31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

We can make a difference in a hurting life. You are as involved as you choose to be. Pray my friends pray.

Won't you join me today?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment