Friday, April 4, 2014

Stray Dogs and My Wife 4/4/14

Good Morning.

Oh yes it is Friday and that makes me happy. I have a long day ahead so one more cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch coffee and I am out the door!

Proverbs 17:22 - A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Psalms 126:2 - Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

One of the greatest parts of our marriage is that we like to laugh with each other. I do believe that if heaven has television, my wife and I are on the comedy channel. We both do some real funny things at times and very often we just think our actions are hilarious.

So let me tell you this recent story. As I have said before Rene is a quiet lady and does not say too much. She was raised to be polite and put others first.

The other day we scheduled a contractor to come to our home and give us a bid on a project. Rene was home waiting and the contractor called to let her know that he would be there in a minute but wouldn't be coming to the door first. He wanted to go around the house and take some exterior pictures and then come in. Rene saw him pull into the driveway and he went to the back yard. Later she noticed that a Yellow Labrador was following him as he measured and took pictures. Now this is what went through her head. "That's odd that he would bring his dog with him on a call." A little while later he came to the door with the dog. Rene opened the door and they both came in. Of course the Lab and our Springer Gibbs started to play rough in the house and the two dogs were running around the inside. Rene was correcting Gibbs when the contractor said, "they are just playing". Her thoughts were, "why isn't this guy controlling his dog and why did he bring it in the house?" Well the contract bid was finished and was waiting for me to review and approve, when the contractor said that he was leaving and would wait for my call. Rene thanked him and walked him to the door. As he left she called out to him. "Hey aren't you going to take your dog."? He replied "that's not my dog, I thought it was one of yours." They both laughed and realized that a stray dog had followed him into our house.  They looked over the dog's collar and were able to call the owner and the Lab was reunited with a tearful owner.

As Rene was telling me this story we were laughing so hard together, I had tears in my eyes. She was telling me that she had decided not to hire the contractor because he seemed pretty dumb to bring his muddy dog into our house. She said the whole time that he was explaining the bid she wasn't even listening because of the dogs "running and barking." I can only imagine her face as this was going on. But once again I fell in love with her once more. She was willing to clean up a mess, rather than offend someone. She cried when the owner came and claimed her dog. "It was so nice to see the lady with happy tears" she said.
And yet she shared in her stooge event and we laughed together. I did not laugh at her but with her. Rene said, "I could not wait to tell you about my day. How was yours?" I smiled and replied, "much better now."

Live, laugh, and love.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment