Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Take Good Care of My Family 4/2/14

Good Morning,

Wednesday and I can see Friday coming just over the top of my glasses. My fine emporium of coffee today produced a hot cup of Door County Cookie Dough for my pleasure.

Two of our nephews Nick and Matt experienced the loss of their grandmother this week. Barb was very good to all of her kids and grandchildren. Rene and I witnessed this first hand on several occasions for family gatherings. The boys are going to miss her for sure.

As I thought about what to say to them about their loss, all the usual mundane thoughts came to mind.
"My deepest sympathy, sorry for your loss, she is in a better place, she isn't suffering anymore, none of it seemed to say what was on my heart. I did talk to Nick and left a message for Matt. It seemed hollow to me. yet I know that what was said was said with love.

What I did do though, was go to God and tell Him that I did not have the right words to say and I asked Him to please watch over those boys and carry them through.

1Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings, be made for all people.

When we don't know what to say, we can pray. When words aren't enough we can intercede in prayer. We can do all we can to offer comfort, but only God can heal broken hearts. We love those two guys a lot. But God loves them more. So we ask for comfort for them.

Friends, someone in your life needs prayer today. Someone hurts today. Pray for them and tell them you care and love them. It might be all they need to know.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment