Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hit And Run No Accident 4/8/2014

Good Morning,

My cup is filled with Door County German Chocolate Coffee this morning. My wife and I will be taking a short get away to Door County Wisconsin this year. If you ever get the chance to visit Wisconsin, definitely go to Door County and see God's idea of the beauty He made in the landscape there. Also take a little time to visit the Door County Coffee Company for breakfast. You know what? You deserve a treat.

Last Saturday I witnessed a hit and run accident on the freeway in Milwaukee. I do believe the driver of one of the vehicles had to be drunk. Neither myself nor the driver of the other car that was hit could get the license number of the truck and driver that was out of control. As fast as the accident happened, it was also over. It left the other driver with a crunched car, racing heart, and a body full of fear. It could have been a lot worse. Praise God, there were no injuries. But what was amazing was the fact that the hit and run vehicle just seemed to disappear in the traffic in seconds and no one else tried to help. I stopped and offered water and consolation as well as prayer.

The whole incident reminded me of Satan. You see, just moments before this happened I was next to the same truck actually admiring the nice Chevy pick up. As the truck left the stop light,  and it  headed to the freeway I could see that it was nothing but trouble, weaving and speeding up. I was helpless to stop it. Prior to that it seemed like such a nice truck with a quiet owner. Satan works the same way. He seems harmless but he is full of poison and danger. He lures us in quietly and then bang, he strikes and it is no accident. He hits and runs on purpose. His goal is to ruin as many lives as he can and convince people that they do not need God. Satan has only one goal.

John 10:10 (NKJV)

10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Jesus came to give life, just the opposite of Satan. He doesn't leave us nor forsake us. He never does a hit and run.

Philippians 1:6 (AMP)

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.
 
I could  quote many of the automobile insurance companies and their commercials now, but I will let you use you imagination. Well anyway you are in better hands with God!
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment