Thursday, April 17, 2014

Inviting Jesus to Easter Dinner 4/17/14

Good Morning.

Time to order some more Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee from the Door County Coffee Company. I just used the last of that flavor.

Wednesday before Easter and the stores are crowded. I stopped after work last night to pick up a couple of things from the grocery store. Wow, was that store filled with people shopping for what I would call Easter Dinner items. I saw people purchasing ham, potatoes, rolls, butter, jelly beans and more.

I was day dreaming a little when couples would pass by with their shopping lists. I could picture them at a big table surrounded by family passing mashed potatoes to each other and enjoying a great time with one another. I stopped a moment to pray for these strangers and hoped that their day would be blessed and that they would be taking time to seriously remember what Jesus did for all by dying on the cross. We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus on Easter Sunday and rightfully so. But wouldn't it be neat to use that day to pray and acknowledge Jesus as the VIP at our table and thank Him for His sacrifice.

Revelation 3:20 (NLT)

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.

Now could you imagine anyone at the table not being happy?

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment