Sunday, April 13, 2014

God Rejoices Over Us 4/13/2014 With a Recipe

Good Morning,

Sunday, the Lord's Day and soon approaching Easter. My coffee on this quiet morning is Door County Caramel Latte. I have been trying some new Door County Flavors over the past few days and I have to recommend all of them. But this one today is going down especially nice. Heavy thunder storms rolled through our area last night which managed to keep me awake. I must say this. my wife can sleep through anything! I not only enjoy coffee, but I need a little wake up brew.

Zephaniah 3:17

 The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

I spoke on this verse last night. In the text God is encouraging Israel to be faithful and that they can count on Him. I chose to apply this verse to the faithful Christian.

Those who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are what Easter is all about. Jesus overcame death by being raised by the Father. His suffering and death on the cross was payment for our sin. The only thing left for anyone to do is to call upon the name of the Lord in faith, repent, be born again, and immediately filled with the Holy Spirit. God's plan of salvation is then complete for that individual.

Now that takes me to this thought of just how much God loves us. In the text we see that God rejoices over us in singing. He knows that those who have been saved through Jesus are coming home, they have their ticket and He will never miss a day of eternity with them.

Our daughter lives in Florida. We speak pretty often on the phone but we cannot see each other daily. I miss her dearly. So when I am going to Florida or she visits the frozen tundra of Wisconsin the excitement of just seeing her makes me rejoice. Yet God takes time to rejoice over us and we will never miss a day with Him.

It blows my mind to think of the Creator of The Universe rejoicing over people. And of all people me. Although that is just too much to fathom, I do find much peace in knowing that God loves us that much. I can't wait to hear the music. It has to be something else!

God bless your day. Listen for the melody.

Marty

We tend to always try and make our Sunday dinner special. We both work in health care and sometimes our jobs require us to work Sundays. Most always we are home in the evening and want to commemorate the Lord's day by being together at the table, not in a hurry, or maybe by sharing our meal with others. We did that last Sunday. Our church has a Saturday night service where I do most of the speaking. This affords us to be able to serve those who come on Saturdays and allows us to worship when we have to work. More often than not it seems that our Sunday meal has the main course as chicken. Today this is the style we will be serving and feasting upon.

Key West Chicken

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 4 servings                     

Directions

  1. In a shallow container, blend soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic. Place chicken breast halves into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes. I prefer to allow this to marinate at least 4-5 hours.
  2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
This will be served with red beans and rice, corn bread and Pistachio pie for dessert.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment