Sunday, April 6, 2014

Civil War 4/6/2014

Good Morning,

Sunday and the coffee flavor today is Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti from the Door County Coffee Company. The noon dinner with friends will be old fashioned Milwaukee South Side Mock Chicken Legs, garlic roasted potatoes, homemade bread rolls, green beans, and Racine Seven Sisters Cake for dessert. I am looking forward to spending time with Rene and two dear friends. It has been a long time since we did anything like this.



Two of my nephews live very close to us. I have watched them grow from diapers to suits. When they were little you could tell them anything and they would believe it. I used to pull their legs on a lot of stuff. One of them was doing something for school once on America's Civil War. The war took place in 1861 through 1865. Our nephew was proud of what he was learning in school and he asked me if I knew what he was talking about. ( Testing my history knowledge). I pretended to tear up and say that I knew more about the civil war than I cared to. I explained to him that I was just a young boy and had fought in the war as a drummer. (I was born in 1957) He then asked "what side were you on?' Both was my reply. "I was so scared that I switched sides daily to be on whatever side was winning".  This same kid also believed that I was on the Titanic later in his history training. Now I don't condone lying, because we did tell them the truth after they asked in what year I was born. They also took math classes.

But friends I have witnessed civil wars. Wars in the homes of many who come to the church for help. I have seen marriages torn apart, teens out of control, raging parents who beat their families. fortunately they turn to our church and other churches for help. We always start by turning them to Jesus. But just like the American Civil War, although the battles stopped the healing takes a long, long time. I love the ministry I do, but the civil wars within homes are one part of the ministry that I dread at times. Many times the war rages on for months or even years. It causes so much damage that it takes forever to repair. A broken heart mends slowly.

If you are in the midst of a war right now. Choose today to stop the bleeding. Get help from a local Bible believing church. Do what they tell you to do. Unite and turn the war around and know that you are fighting against Satan not each other. Join in with God and give Satan a butt whooping.

Psalm 37:8 (NKJV)

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;Do not fret—it only causes harm.
 

 

2 Corinthians 10:3-4                        

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.
 

 

Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

It is time to save your family. It starts with you and Jesus.

Matthew 5:9 (NKJV)

Blessed are the peacemakers,    For they shall be called sons of God.


God bless your day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment