Thursday, April 24, 2014

When the New Wears Off 4/24/14

Good Morning,

My coffee this morning is hot and soothing a sore throat today. I chose today to drink Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. I did sleep well last night. I asked God to bless me with a good nights sleep and my request was granted.

When the new wears off! Have you ever smelled a new car? They have that new smell! Some of the air freshener companies have developed sprays that are called " new car fragrance". I have news for them. NOT REALLY. Once that new car smell is gone it is gone forever. The want to be fragrances are just impostors.

The same goes with couples and marriage. Boy, when we are first dating and everything is new what a feeling!!! "Awe" said all the ladies reading this. Then we marry and things change. "Oh" said the guys who are reading this. Yes that what she looks like without make-up. Oh no and he passes gas. Yes guys,  women also pass gas they just call it names like fluffing or butt biscuits.  Reality seems to take control and then we wonder where is that person I fell in love with? We want to go back to the old days. But that's when we step in poop from a loose diaper and we realize that we will never be alone until we are old enough to collect Social Security and spend all day signing up for Obama Care.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. That is wrong. Each year every individual experiences changes. For instance my chest that once stood proud with a rippled six pack below is now a chest of drawers. My chest fell into my drawers. My wife now has to maintain the color of her hair with assistance from a bottle. But being united in love through Christ allows us to experience being together through changes and falling in love all over again with the changed person. I actually help her color her hair and she buys me new pants. I tried getting Rene to lift weights for me but that doesn't really work. I fell in love with a young lady many years ago. Today I fell in love with the lady who still irons my trousers and laughs at my stupid analogies. Each year as we grow together  God gives us the chance to love the new experiences. This includes the loss of hair and colonoscopies. You don't know love until you helped take care of your spouse or your spouse takes care of you after a colonoscopy.

Proverbs 5:18-19

May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.  A loving doe, a graceful deer-- may she satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love

Wow, I do rejoice in my spouse. Blessed to have her, blessed to grow older with her.

Grow old together. Learn to love the changes. That next change called till death do us part is painful.

God bless,
Marty

1 comment:

  1. Well spoken Brother Marty.
    Just as the gift of each day of life is a "new day" with God given opportunity to serve Him and others - so too each of us as husbands, have another day to fall deeper in love with our faithful wife. Beauty is skin deep, but true love goes much deeper to the heart of each other and with praise & thanksgiving to God for our mate still here with us, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete