Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Training Day For Leo 8/9/2023

 Good Morning,

There is a hot cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee next to me and now it is time to write. 

I took our youngest dog Leo to the river bank yesterday for some additional training for two upcoming hunt tests in a few weeks. The weather was perfect for a dog to be splashing around in the water. It cooled us both off and I was pleased with the results of our work together. Leo has come a long way from the puppy he was and now is in the prime of his life. I have enjoyed all of our dogs we have had the pleasure to call family , and each one of them have been unique in their own way. Leo by far is the fastest one we have familied and I would have to say that he always has been the most amiable and easiest to train. He still remains trainable and teachable. 

Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

My point for today is that in God's eyes we are His children, and no matter our age we should always be willing and easy to train when it comes to things of the heart, mind and soul. We should be teachable until God calls us home to heaven. There is always something new under the sun to learn and apply. 

We have a small flock of people who attend our Saturday night church service of which I am the shepherd for that flock. As I grow older I sense more of the need for these folks to gather and be more like a family than ever before. This hasn't always been a priority of mine nor did I feel the need to do more gatherings of community. But in the last two years I am seeing that the need is there for more fellowship and sharing time with each other. I had to change my way of thinking and what that took was a commitment to remain teachable. I guess you are never too old to learn. God does not see us as anything but His children and in order to be used by Him, being teachable is the one requirement to qualify us to be used by God. Never consider yourself too old to be used for the good of others.

God bless,

Marty


1 comment:

  1. I guess God can teach an old dog new tricks!

    ReplyDelete