Tuesday, August 22, 2023

The Cell Phone Store 8/22/2023

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to write with a hot mug of  Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee and I think I might have two cups this morning. 

Yesterday I noticed that the impact screen for my cell phone had cracked. Once I arrived at home I could see that it was more than the screen protector. The glass screen inside was broken also. I had to make the trip I always dread. I had to purchase a new cell phone. This always entails new passwords, transferring data, and a whole lot of mind boggling nonsense. I knew a few weeks ago that the inevitable nightmare was coming. Finally the cellphone dropped one last time and off to the store I went. 

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. 

I had hives all over me dreading the task ahead as well as the expense. The manger of the store introduced me to Felipe a tech in the store and this young man listened to what I liked in a phone and what I did not like, Notice what I said. He listened and he heard. He suggested a phone that was to my liking, He had looked at my old phone and saw some of the pictures on display. He asked if I took a lot of pictures and I replied yes.  I had already decided that the phone he first showed me would be fine. That's when he told me that the phone I had chosen had the number 1 camera in it. I thought at first he was going to suggest an upgrade for and a bigger expense. I was starting to jump to conclusions of greed. But he did not and started right in on transferring my applications and data from the old phone to the new one. We chatted during the process and he asked about the pictures of my dogs on my old phone. I told him that they were two hunting dogs. He asked some questions about hunting. He took me out of my stress and had me talking about things I like. 

The data transfer took about 30 minutes and during that time he offered me a seat and asked if I had any questions. This young man took this dreaded visit to the cell phone store and made it a pleasant experience. I had prayed before I went to the store and God answered that prayer. I asked that He get me home at a reasonable hour and that I would have a phone to use the next day. This young man was technically sound and had a decent personality for dealing with old perplexed guys.

My point is this. Pray before heading into a perplexing task and ask for God to get you through it. And secondly never jump to conclusions!

Have a great day. Protect that cell phone!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment