Saturday, August 26, 2023

A Walk To Remember 8/26/2023

 Good Morning,

My coffee is hot and ready to be consumed. It is time to write. I am spending time with family this weekend and coffee never hurts when starting a busy day.


Ecclesiastes 7:14 When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad , consider this; God has made one as well as the other. Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future. 

Pictured is the church where my parents were married back in the 1950's. The church is rarely used now and the property is overgrown with foliage. Of course I wasn't there ,but have a few photos of the young couple and some of my relatives. They did not know what life would bring nor how long it would last. I know the rest of the story. Mom died due to sepsis from strep throat. Dad fell off of his roof some years later and died next to the ladder. I was blessed with two siblings and we have said good bye to one of them already. 

But here I am to say that during that time span there were both good times and bad times. I have many memories of both. I firmly can say that I wouldn't have missed it for anything. So as we travel around today where my ancestors trod, I will choose the good memories and avoid any bad ones. 

I believe I will have an ice cream cone if possible where there are even more memories upon memories.

Choose this day to remember the good and leave the bad in a box that is best left unopened. 

God bless, 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment