Sunday, August 20, 2023

 Good Morning,

I am enjoying A hot cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee as I write this morning. It really is hitting the spot and it is convincing me to have a second cup

Psalm 145:4 One generation, commends your works to another, they tell of your mighty acts. 

My wife Rene and I (mostly me) have taken some old photos and had them placed on to coffee mugs. The one pictured above is of three men and a crabby little boy. These three would be my Dad, Grandfather and Great Grandfather. The little boy was me. We all had the same first name and someone thought we should pose for a picture. Now that photo op caused me to have to stop playing out back in the old mine shafts behind my great grand parents home. Yes, mine shafts! They were an attraction any young boy would welcome. So you can see I wasn't a happy camper, nor did I realize what I truly had there. 

I am drinking my coffee from that mug while I am writing this morning. The mug gives me a reminder of where I came from. But it also gives me a little angst as I say to myself. "I wish I could be drinking coffee with those three this morning." I would be an adult who sat and listened to every word they had to say. I can still recall the day the picture was taken, but not one word of what was said. All I wanted to do was to get back to playing in the hazards! But to be honest, I really wish it had been a different experience now. 

My point for the day is this. Teach the young to gather and sit with the elderly and their forefathers. Glean from them while they can. All three of them are gone now and their wisdom is just what I can recall and as I age, lots of it as been erased from my memory. What I have now is just a picture on a mug. 

God bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. And still you carry from those three men, respect for elders, kindness. humility, faith in God, just to name a few. They have helped you become the FBC Elder and proclaimer of God’s message that you are! Thanks
    By the way, that coffee sounds good.

    ReplyDelete