Tuesday, August 15, 2023

How To Lose Your Selfishness 8/15/2023.

 Good Morning,

This day began with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Cream Coffee. And it is time to write. 

I promised that we would look at solving being selfish. This only works when we have the right mindset and our heart desires change. I believe we all have at least a little bit of selfishness within our hearts. It all starts with humility and realizing the world could spin without you. Always put others first.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you. not to think of himself more highly than he out to think. but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 

Friends. I shared below some thoughts on how to conquer a selfish heart. I hope this helps.

Marty

Hot to stop being selfish

1. Recognize whether you are greedy or selfish. Be real and ask others to show you your selfish ways. This might hurt a little. Just listen and don't defend.

2. Find what drives your wants and needs. JOURNAL YOUR DAYS.

3. Slow down your consumption. Start by saying no to yourself.

4. Try replacing goods with experiences. Serve at your church, or in the community. Join the Red Cross. Do disaster relief.

5. Develop habits to alleviate selfishness. Capture your thoughts and think them through before you speak. Ask yourself. Is this a selfish statement? Is there a lot of me, mine and I in your speech.

6. Adopt an abundance mind set and be generous. Give to a good cause, either money, or time or both. 

7. Practice gratitude. Be thankful and content. 

8. Self reflection. Read your journal. Be honest in your writings. Correct yourself for any selfish actions. Make right any wrongs that were committed. 

9. Specifically pray for help against greed and selfishness. 

1 comment:

  1. I need to remember why my God gave me two ears and one mouth.

    ReplyDelete