Thursday, August 17, 2023

A Loss And A Gain 8/17/2023

 Good Morning,

I am happy to say that I am drinking a hot cup of Door County Raspberry Almond Coffee and munching on a piece of dried mango this fine day. It is time to write.

Job 1;21 And He said. " Naked I came from my mothers womb. And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". 

Our part of the world has been experiencing a drought and to be honest I have been praying tor rain. On Monday we received some rain and a good amount at that. With the rain came a few good bursts of wind that shook the trees. The wind blew apples right off of the trees and 75% of our apples were damaged in the storm. Now to lose some apples does not compare to the disaster in Maui or those out East reeling from worse storms and flooding. The rain was much needed and it fed the dry rivers and ponds that were drying up. 

I cannot control the rain or the wind. What I can control is my trust that God knows we need the rain and He has a plan for the apples we still do have. If He is willing, I am already looking forward to next year and the apple blossoms of spring. I might just plant another apple tree also. 

Trust God in all things and He will make His plans known. 

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment