Monday, August 28, 2023

Back To Normal 8/28/2023

 Good Morning,

This day began with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee . It is time to write. 

Psalm 102:27 But you are the same, and you years have no end.

Lamentations 3:22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. 

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. 

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 


For the last few days my wife Rene and I have been away getting some rest and relaxation with family. Three days outside of our usual routine was much needed and proved to be beneficial for all who participated. It has been a long time since I ate breakfast that was cooked outside. During the weekend we had some time to sit by a fire and chat. We planned our next day and there was no rush to do anything. As a family we had time wo watch a little football  on television and well, I just can't say enough good things about our weekend. 

So for today in our home, we are somewhat back to normal. The grass needs to be mowed. I have some work to do for my employer, but I can do it from home. So the computer will be fired back up. We are a little low on groceries, so that chore is back. The bird feeder was filled after being empty for a couple of days. The tomatoes and peppers need to be picked. Rene said that there is a pile of laundry that will get attention today and a doctor appointment is in the mix for tomorrow. 

It is always nice to get away. But when that get away ends, there is always the return to normal. Friends, normal isn't always a bad thing. Returning to normal, makes you cherish the last outing and time away. Most important, "God willing" is that it makes you want to plan the next escape from normal. 

I found  one thing that stayed the same, and didn't change was my time spent in quiet with God. I was up early each day, with prayer, I wrote my daily blog and found my time with God to be normal. Each day I enjoy my routine, no matter where I am. God never changes and His door is always open, no matter where I am or what my day brings. 

Now that is a good normal!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment