Thursday, August 10, 2023

I Always Feel Better When? 8/9/2023

 Good Morning, 

I am headed out today to help a dear friend with a plumbing issue so my coffee will wait until later. No water in the house, no toilet available! So no coffee. 

What makes you automatically feel better? What is one of the things that makes you breathe a sigh of relief or clap your hands with joy? Our daughter has to travel now and then for her work and for some reason I always feel better when I know she made it home safely and is in her own house. That always makes me feel good to think of her secure and happy. That call or text that says, "I am home" completes my day. I don't feel at ease when she is traveling and is not with her son or dog. She is a big girl and takes care of herself very well, but Dad likes to know that his little one is safe and sound. 

Some time spent in God's word always makes my day complete and has put me safely to sleep many times. I could make a list of all the things that make me feel good or better and the list would be lengthy. So why is it that the smallest of things can make us feel lousy, ready for war , depressed, and crabby? Why is it that if we have a list of things that make us happy, we tend to allow the most minuscule issue to make us boil over?

My friends you choose to be miserable sometimes and just how much misery is also your choice. We can choose to travel the road of good feelings or not.

Philippians 4:8 Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things.

Have a great day! Choose happiness. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment