Saturday, August 5, 2023

Let's Make This Day Count 8/5/2023

 Good Morning,

A very large, very hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee is steaming next to me and it is time to write. 

1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 

Proverbs 13:4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied. 

I crawled out of bed this morning and after my usual time spent in prayer I hit the ground running. I have a few things that need to be done around the house today and one is to fix a latch on a patio door that seems to be sticking. I think it has moved around a little due to expansion from the abnormal heat we have had in the last few days. I don't want to get too radical with adjustments or grinding. The reason being is that in a month or two the weather changes and the house will cool off and I will end up with a loose latch that allows for cold air to penetrate the house. 

Why am I rambling on about a door latch? Well wherever you live is given to you and I by God. We need to take care of what He has given us. I have the time to work on that latch today and it will be one of the things I do to make this day count. Procrastination and putting this off just makes that latch not work as it should and why do damage to a gift? I have a couple of other small things to do and they will get done.

No matter what is on your list of to dos and that includes making time for God and family, get going get it done and make this day count!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment