Saturday, August 19, 2023

A Larger Cup Of Coffee, Treat Yourself Nicely 8/19/2023

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. There is a haze in the air today caused by the wild fires in Canada so the sunrise seems to have been muted. 

Romans 12:1-2 I appeal to you therefore brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, a holy nd acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good  and acceptable and perfect.

Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters.


On the weekend I usually have more time to enjoy my cup of hot coffee unless I am hurrying out the door to go hunting. Since I have more time I fill a larger cup and it is a real blessing to enjoy the quiet and the coffee. 

I gave my nephew some advice when he was working away from home. He would sometimes be in one spot living in motel rooms for a few months at a time. His work would require long hours and sometimes be seven days a week. My advice to him was this. Remember to read your Bible, pray, and once a week do something nice for yourself. There were times that I wasn't sure he listened to me, but then one day he sent me a photo of a small grill he built. He used the grill to cook nice dinners once or maybe more times in a week. He always did this with the other crew members. I recall him being in a picturesque part of our country. He took an extra couple of days and checked out the scenery and enjoyed himself. 

My point for the day is this. I always tell people to help others, share when you can, pray, read your Bible and love your family. Today I want you to know that you are important and you need to do something nice for yourself now and then. For me, it is a larger cup of coffee on the weekends and a little more time to enjoy it. 

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment