Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Complete The Circle. 5/31/2022

 

Good Morning,

Tuesday is here to begin a shortened week. I have a long drive ahead of me and I am looking forward to a sunny day with the radio playing as I drive. 

Today I have chosen 1Thessalonians 5:16-18 as our text for today's blog. Rejoice always. 17. Pray without ceasing. 18. In everything, give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

If you ever wanted to know what God wants you to do daily 1Thessalonians 5:16-17 explains it pretty clearly. In every day, in all things, we are to rejoice, pray, and be thankful. In my way of thinking, it is the circle of life. There is no shortcut and until each step is completed the circle is broken. 

On many days I just don't feel like rejoicing, but the happiness meter is not a gauge of anyone's joy. True joy , despite circumstances comes from having a close personal relationship with God. Rejoicing is putting that joy into action. As we choose to rejoice, prayer and gratitude follow naturally. God does not expect us to thank Him for having a tornado blow down our home or losing a loved one to death. Yet He provides reasons to be joyful despite going through rough times. Responding with joy to those reasons brings us full circle to rejoicing, prayer and gratitude. 

Have a great day. Rejoice always. 

Marty


2 comments: