Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Feedback Taken Well 5/18/2022

 Good Morning,

The day began early for me and as always I will be busy and already looking forward to the weekend. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee. I had some Christmas coffee handy and thought to myself, "why not"?

Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom. But a child left to himself brings shame to his mother. 


I received some feedback on a post I wrote on 5/8/2022 regarding my mother and her wooden spoon. The feedback is and was taken well. In the post I mentioned that as a deterrent and punishment to bad behavior my mother had a wooden spoon that was used on our rear ends to remind us to behave. Now to address the concerns. At no time were my siblings and I beaten in an abusive way. We were spanked and at all times we had it coming. I do support spanking young children in a way that they get the point and yet not bruised or bloody. In my mind a swat with that wooden spoon on the butt never hurt anything. 

We might disagree on this approach but that is my take on it. So we can agree to disagree hopefully. 

A little discipline just might be what this world needs.

Marty 


No comments:

Post a Comment