Wednesday, May 4, 2022

If You Say You Can't. You Won't. 5/4/2022

 Good Morning,

My cup of Door County Irish Cream Coffee is making this house smell pretty nice. I think I will have another cup!

My mother in law is still recovering from a fall she took over a month ago. Whenever I chat with her or visit with her I try to speak positive affirmations to her. At 94 years old she is not healing very fast and it is discouraging for her. Last week I started to notice some negativity coming from her. She was telling me that she wasn't keeping her legs elevated as per the doctor's instructions because it wasn't comfortable. 

"I can't do it" was becoming her favorite expression. I reminded her that she was her biggest cheerleader, or her own personal discourager. "If you say you can't, you won't. If you say you can, you will." Satan doesn't even have to work hard or use others to discourage us. At times we do it ourselves with a poor attitude when things get tough. With God all things are possible and in our minds we like to think. "Not really". 

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue., and those who love it will eat its fruits. 

It did me good to hear her tell me last night that she was elevating her legs and "It was working". 

So if you are discouraged today, don't lie to yourself and convince yourself that whatever it is you can't do it. Cheer yourself on to move forward. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment