Sunday, May 15, 2022

One More Time Please 5/15/2022

 Good Morning,

It's good to be here this fine day enjoying the sunrise and sipping on a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee.

Psalm 52:8 But as for me , I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the loving kindness for ever and ever. 


Friday afternoon into Friday night found me outside in our yard catching up on some much needed yardwork. I have been very busy lately and mowing the grass was way overdue. In fact I really hadn't had an eye on our property at all. But when you go outside to cut the grass and it's going to be a few hours pacing back and forth with behind the lawn mower  you notice more things, One of the annual joys in my life is when the apple blossoms and the flowering trees in our yard open up their buds and create a picture perfect scene for me to see and enjoy. 

It just so happened this year that all the trees budded out as well as the lilacs in the past couple of days, The last couple of years have been tough not only with covid as a downer to the world and poor economies, not to mention violence and war. For two years straight, things barely blossomed at all and for us apples were scarce at best. Last year due to freezing and storms our trees only produced one apple. The blossoms were torn down by frost and and storms. It seemed as if God just took his eyes off of our land. Rene and I dry a lot of apple chips and usually give away a a good portion of the apples. I didn't have any apple chips to munch on in the duck blind and we had to look people in the eye and say "no apples this year". A severe drought finished the doom and gloom. We actually lost one tree to the mayhem. 

But when I took the time to look up on Friday, I saw trees loaded with blossoms, and lilacs that were producing the best smell ever. It was breath taking to say the least. For me it meant that God has given me at least one more spring show to enjoy. I recall planting every one of those trees and bushes just like it was yesterday. I remember praying for a good harvest and beautiful scenery as I watered them for the first time. I know I am supposed to be this tough guy who hunts ducks and fords through swamps and the thought of lilacs and apple blossoms making their way to my daily blog seems to be the opposite of my demeanor. But the scene let's me know that we aren't forgotten and God saw us through two pretty dark years and is sitting on His throne. He took the time to stop me heart long enough to breathe in those lilacs one more time. He painted a picture of His majestic self in the blossoms to be seen and enjoyed. I just had to take the time to look and see His presence all around me. 

I hope to be writing about the apple harvest this fall, But for now I rest in the fact that God has visited our yard one more time. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment