Sunday, May 22, 2022

A Wedding To Remember 5/22/2022

 Good Morning, 

Oh boy it sure feels good this morning to be drinking a cup of door County Churro Coffee and writing from the comfort of our den. I needed a little more sleep but the alarm clock and two feisty dogs just would not cooperate.

Yesterday my wife Rene and I had the honor to be invited to the wedding of a long time friend. The ceremony was one of the best I have ever attended. Their story was told of what happened prior to their lives becoming one. Their individual walks with God led them to each other. Their walk with God now as a couple was the center theme of the pastor's message to them and a challenge to the rest of us. 

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

I am not a big wedding guy but this one made me have a hay fever attack. As I have stated before, real men don't cry. If their eyes are wet it is a hay fever attack. I know in my heart that the story we heard is just part one to the story of what God has planned for them as a couple. So today before writing I spent some time in prayer for them and thanked God for both of them. I asked God to continue to bless them with health and happiness. But I also prayed that He would illuminate their path and continue to use them to bless others. 

We have more weddings coming up and the next two are with much younger couples. I have committed to pray for my friends from yesterday and the two couples who are on deck. I have their names in my journal and I will be praying for them weekly for a year. With every wedding we always like to give a gift to the bride and groom. Yesterday was no exception. Praying for them is not a gift. I feel when you are invited to a wedding you also have a responsibility to the couple to be in prayer for them. They have each other to battle the world together. But as someone who is invited to share in their big day we must do more than warm up a seat in a sanctuary and dance the Hokey Pokey later. I hope all of you will remember what I said today and make a commitment to those getting married around you. Pray early and pray often. 

Love to all. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment