Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Root Beer And The Bible 6/1/2022

 Good Morning,

I am praying for a productive day and the positive close to a project at work. My mug was just filled with Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee.

Last night was a perfectly good night in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area. The weather was a picture of what summer should be. Not too hot, not too cold. It reminded me of nights when I was young and we would as teens do, hit our hang out spots. On my side of town there were plenty of good spots. We had an A&W Root Beer stand with car hops and ice cold mugs of root beer. We can still purchase the root beer and they still have restaurants, but not many close by with the old fashioned car hops. We could also drive over to Big Boy's for a burger and fries. If Custard was our choice we had a place named Leon's. If we were out late there was Suburpia Subs.  We used to hangout and cruise with friends. Our cars all had Thrush Mufflers (Glass packs) so we could hear the roar of the engines in those vintage 1960 cars . Your girlfriend sat right next to you. She was so close that you had to teach her how to shift so you wouldn't get slapped by being fresh. Or she had to move over and that wasn't cool.



So what's the point? How doe this fit a devotional? Well here goes. All those things took place many years ago. They were fun times and I would do most of them all over again. But we all grew in different directions, some to the military, some on to school and then work, some right into the work force, some right into marriage and families. We really don't get to drive to Big Boy's ( They all closed) Leon's is still there but a seat belt separates me from my wife. My car has so many emission gadgets that it doesn't roar but sounds more like a Hoover Vacuum Cleaner on steroids. A&W now serves breakfast and no one on roller skates waits on you. Well Suburpia is back but if I eat more than one in a week I have to take more Lipitor. Things change and we grow older and we can't stop it. But one thing for sure is this. God's Word will last forever. What Jesus promised will always happen.

Isaiah 40:8

King James Version (KJV)
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

It will stand a lot longer than my 1961 Ford did. 

God bless,
Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment