Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Close The Door Ding a Ling 5/11/2022

 Good Morning,

Later this morning I will be in part three of a root canal and then back to work. I am enjoying a great cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee before the tooth work. 

Last night we brought home our new truck. And as it usually goes, there just isn't enough time in a day to be efficient at anything. I had a lot of things to do last night besides bring home a new vehicle. Much to our surprise the garage will now need some minor remodeling just to help the truck fit into the garage a little better. Right now it is a tight fit to say the least.

I did have time to take my wife for spin in the new truck and then have her guide me safely into the garage. I was in a hurry and should not have been trying to figure out all the new workings of the truck. I should have been happy to have it parked, but no, I had to play around with every button. Much more to my surprise when I stepped out of the truck the cargo lights in back stayed on. I jumped back into the truck and hit every switch available but no luck at all!!! Next the owners manual came out and I read every line that had anything to do with lights and especially cargo lights. It seemed to me that I already was headed for warranty work! I kept looking at my watch and knew it was going to be a late night. 

In moving things around I had to go to the passenger side of the truck and when I looked at the door I saw that it was left ajar. From a distance you could not tell that it was open. If I had taken the time to start the truck I would have received a notice that a door was not closed. Argh. Once the door was closed my lighting issues were gone. 

Here is where I went wrong. I had planned on Rene and I praying inside the truck and asking God to bless our new Buddy. I was so busy and unfocused, that I forgot to pray. Thus the "door was left open" and Satan walked in and life just became a frustration. 

Is one ever really too busy to pray? I had to learn the hard way. 

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment